Concurrent Golf League 2017 End of Year Tournament Saturday October 14 (1:00 PM) Heron Bay Golf Club
Concurrent Golf League 2017
End of Year Tournament
Saturday October 14 (1:00 PM)
Heron Bay Golf Club
Location: Heron Bay Golf Club
11801 Heron Bay Blvdhttp://heronbay.clublink.com
Coral Springs, FL 33321
Start Time: 1 PM Shotgun start. Men play the white tees. Senior men play the yellow tees. Women play the red tees.
Range Balls: Range balls are included as part of the tournament.
Cost: Cost is $35 for league members / $69 for guests.
- Play according to standard Concurrent Golf League Rules - USGA rules with the following exceptions:
1. Lie may be improved in the fairway, no closer to the hole.
2. A plugged ball in the fairway, rough or green may be removed from its pitchmark and placed, no closer to the hole. Does not apply to hazards (including sand traps).
3. Maximum hole score is double par plus 2.
4. For ball out of bounds, may drop, with a one stroke penalty, at the point where the ball crossed the out of bounds boundary.
5. For a lost ball, may drop, with a one stroke penalty, within two club lengths of where it was suspected that the ball landed.
- Two-man team, most points - using modified stableford scoring (explained in later email). All teams must have at least one league member. Prizes: 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Individual low gross (league members only). Number of prizes: TBA
- Individual low net (league members only). Number of prizes: TBA
- Two long drive holes (league members and guests)
- Two closest to the pin holes (league members and guests)
- Depending on the number of guests - there may also be guest only prizes.
Individual Handicaps: Individual handicaps are computed in one of four ways, by whichever applies first:
- League handicap - converted to an 18-hole handicap. Note: due to rounding only at the end, your 18-hole handicap may not be double your 9-hole league handicap.
- USGA handicap index - converted to league handicap. Handicap accepted 100 %.
- Handicap from another league - converted to league handicap if applicable. Multiplied by 90% to get tournament handicap.
- Average score - converted to league handicap. Multiplied by 75% to get tournament handicap.
A handicap is required for all players, including guests.
Buffet and Awards Presentation:
Meet afterwards for the buffet:
- Garden Salad with Ranch and Italian dressing
- Chicken Piccata
- Beef tips in brown sauce w/ mushroom sauce on side
- Steamed vegetable (chef's choice)
- Platter of sweets, brownies and cookies
- Coffee, variety of teas, and soda
The league and tournament awards presentation will be after the buffet.